<body>
gremlin's mom
keeping my sanity intact
Hi! I am
mom of 3 boys and a wife
Teri
gremlins.umma@gmail.com:)




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

blogs i follow
nice reads
Miss Single Mama
Not aLone Mom
Momma Needs a Beer

proud to be
a member of:





BlogHer.com Logo

twitter
tweet, tweet
memories
scary flashbacks
credits
its easy to clap
Layout : materialisti-c
Resources:
My Top Korean Series I
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:30 PM 1 COMMENTS

Today is Saturday and I usually spend my weekends watching Korean Series since 2007. For these past few years I couldn't count how many series I've spend my weekends with, but only few I can totally say my favorites.

These are my Top Korean Series Part 1 that was released before 2009.

1.) My Girl by Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Wook. (2005-2006)





Synopsis: Hotel heir Gong Chan has been tasked to locate his missing cousin by his ill grandfather. Yoo Rin's appearance was in timed when Gong Chan was in the height of desperation, plus her huge facial similarities of his grandfather's daughter that made him propose to Yoo Rin to pretend as his cousin.

This is the very first taste of Korean series and fell in love with.

Personally the story was effective because the two lead actors' chemistry was undeniable. It was so effective that followers (like me) really hoping that the rumors of them being a couple were true. teehee!





2. Coffee Prince by Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo (2007)

Synopsis: It all started with maling akala. Gong Yoo's character thought all the while that the small-framed boy he hired was a he. Because of Yoon Eun Hye's character's dire need of income that she actually had to go all the way of pretense so she wouldn't get fired.

Gong Yoo was literally a "hunk" on this series. Even though he wasn't as eyecandy as Lee Dong Wook in My Girl (and Wild Romance) damn(!) his sex appeal was totally all over the screen. Yoon Eun Hye was really professional and really able to pull her character off as a tomboyish with strong character. I love, love, love the OST White Love Story, it was on the background when the both leads kissed.




3.) My Name is Kim Sam Soon by Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin. (2005)
http://kojaproductions.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/samsoon_kjp.jpg 
Synopsis by Dramawiki: Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is a baker who has a talent in making pastries and cakes. On Christmas Eve, she caught her boyfriend, Min Hyun Woo (Lee Kyu Han), cheating on her and breaks up on the same night. On that same night, she accidentally went into the men's restroom and met Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin), a somewhat callous fellow but sometimes considerate guy. By sheer coincidence, Jin Hun needs a baker for his restaurant Bon Appetit and Sam Soon is unemployed. Sam Soon is hired as the restaurant's chief baker and the two fights like cat and dog. Nevertheless, they started to have feeling for each other and Sam Soon agreed to post as Jin Hun's girlfriend so his mother would leave him alone. Things got complicated when Jin Hun's ex-girlfriend Yoo Hee Jin came back from the States intending to win him back.

Here in the Philippines, My Girl was shown at the same time as Kim Sam Soon on the other channel. So I obviously didn't watch it until few years later. Anyway, I think the theme about older woman and younger man made this series stand out.



 


 4.) Princess Hours by Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hun (2006)
 


Synopsis: Grandparents of Chae Kyung (Eun Hye) and Lee Shin (Ji Hoon) vowed to have their grandchild to marry each other.

 This is one of the K-series has quite a number of good songs like "Perhaps Love" by HowL & J. , "You & I Are Fools" by Stay, "Parrot" by HowL.






5.)  Get Karl Oh Soo Jung by Um Jung Hwa and Oh Ji Ho (2007)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhG74nfm8XPIRe6qBheHb7UAnSQrrVsIwmOcQSuOgZDH9fMoFtXebTIroCFrotEgvBXlr6Z7zYlXjpd-Z0LtJzyMh8AVBug1RY6rhclwfPgudmweZwIwWKr8ZtcbnLIpY4zKPhU30fYvQ0/s1600/get-karl-oh-soo-jung.jpg

Synopsis: Fat guy Man Soo was left on the altar by his girlfriend Soo Jung. 7 years after, Man Soo returned as a well known golf player, good looks, money, and all sexy. When Soo Jung learned that he was her fiance she left, she tried everything to win him back.

I learned from this series the lesson "its not all what it seems." Soo Jung isn't a typical lead who is all goody, instead you get to be pissed by her actions, cringed at how her head works. But as the series progresses, characters unfolding I can't help but to like Soo Jung. She is a human after all.

This was one of the series I never get tired of watching over and over...FYI I watched this like five times. lol

I also love the songs Marry Me by Kan Mi Yeon and Sarang Han Da Myeon - Tree Bicycle





The Part 2 of My Top Korean Series will be continued.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

back to the top